Issues

Got together with my group today and we discussed on our title ideas. Paulina wanted to change our title to "Foodism", but Kayla and I told her that it wouldn't go with our fitness ideas, juts food ideas. So we stayed with "Healthy Alert". We got absolutely nowhere with the font and size of the title. However, the letters will be all capital and the color of our choosing based on our issue of the magazine. Each of us started to look up pictures to get inspirations for our magazines. Kayla was looking up Thanksgiving ideas and Paulina was looking up Christmas ideas. Paulina did find this one super cute picture of hot chocolate with a snowman made out of marsh mellows in it. I thought it was super cute. I started brainstorming my own ideas for the summer issue. That's when I thought of something great.

I thought of doing 4 Fourth of July tricks to having a healthy holiday and showing steps to easy yoga poses on the beach. One idea that I just thought of out of nowhere was doing pictures of a family barbecue. My family doesn't really do barbecues, which is why I didn't think of it at first. But online I found some really good pictures of a little grill and a family having a barbecue and it really got me inspired to do the same. After finding all these pictures online I really wanted to get started on the layout of my magazine so I could see how many pictures I was going to plan to need, but that idea went down the drain.

My teacher tried sending me access to a website to create magazines called "Joomag." I accidentally deleted the email she sent me and no longer had access to it and this is where I started getting really frustrated. My teacher tried re-sending it to me, but it didn't work. She tried to send it to my other email I gave to her and it went through, but then wasn't letting me login with the password they gave me!! I was getting mad. Then I finally got the message to my original email and when I tried logging in it said "Service error," at this point I gave up and tried a different website. I logged into another website called "Issuu" and after 30 minutes of scrolling through the website with Paulina, we couldn't figure out how to create a magazine layout. We think that that website is only used for publishing magazines rater than making them. This is when we tried the website "Canva." I downloaded the app on my phone and I made an accout and looked through it for about 10 minutes and still couldn't figure out how to create a magazine. Maybe it was because I was on my phone, so when I get home I am going to try it on my computer.


Honestly today was a waste of time, searching the whole time for a website that would help me make a magazine, but couldn't find any that worked. When I get home I'm going to try again because maybe it just doesn't work on school Wifi because honestly school Wifi is horrible. Talk to you guys later.



Oh, and here are some pictures of my inspiration.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feedback

Double page

Finish