Article

Today in class I was finally able to finish my double page spread. I have been working on this for about 3 days, I was getting so annoyed. I started with the title "Stressed out? WORK IT OUT!" I put "stressed out?" above "WORK IT OUT!" and centered it. I made the "work it out" in bigger font and a different color. I wanted to put in a yellow color to go with the theme, but it didn't show up on the page, so I made it a blue. I started to type up my introduction to my double page spread underneath my title. I put the introduction in "Diavlo" font and everything else in "Aller". I typed up my interview questions and answers. It was hard to space everything out because there was a lot. After changing font sizes and spacing I finally got everything where I want it. I made my questions in bold and a bigger font than the answers.

Then I started to do the right side of my double page spread. I ran into an issue with spacing here. I wanted to include 6 ab workouts and a description of each, but not all of it fit. I cut it down to 4 of my favorite ab workouts and put the description either to the left or right side. I wanted the description to go underneath the pictures, but if I did that, then everything would look too bunched together. I uploaded all pictures I needed for this page. I spent an hour just moving around the pictures and descriptions so everything would fit, look the same, and look presentable. I got really annoyed trying to align all pictures next to each other and moving around. After an hour of frustration I got all the pictures where they were supposed to be. However, I still had to do the descriptions and that was another 45 minutes. After a solid 3-4 hours of working on my double page spread I had finished. The only thing that didn't look right was the colors.

The title was black and blue and all the rest of the text was black. I didn't like this. I kept trying to get brighter colors,  but they just wouldn't show up. Then i finally found this green that appeared and was light enough. I made "Stressed out?" in black and "WORK IT OUT!" in the green. I also made the questions that I asked in green as well. This makes it easier for the reader to distinguish the difference between the questions and answers and makes it looks more presentable. After a week struggle of headaches, my magazine is done. Talk to you guys later.

P.S. this is what my double page spread looked like before my adjustments:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feedback

Double page

Finish