Cover page

I finally put my magazine together after weeks of procrastination. I brought my computer to class the other day and started to work.

I started with my cover page which was quite simple. I just emailed myself all the pictures I was going to use and downloaded them to my computer. After, I selected the picture for my cover page and added it to my file. When it uploaded the picture covered all my text on my cover page. I already had my title written and "Summer Issue". This became a problem because I needed to see the words. I tried dragging the text out and putting it over my picture, but it still wouldn't show. I looked up how to layer photos on Joomag, but nothing helped. Finally I decided just to retype my text since it wasn't a lot. I deleted all the text and uploaded the picture again. I aligned the picture so it would fit perfectly on the page and then added text boxes for my title and subtitle. I decided the make the colors of my title and subtitle a yellow because it is the summer mood and went with the colors of my cover image.

I ran into an issue with my subtitle saying "Summer Issue" underneath my title because you couldn't see it. The background didn't clash well with the color of my subtitle and it didn't work. Me, Kayla, and Paulina wanted to put our subtitles in the same place, but with all our different layouts and pictures, we couldn't find a compromise. We decided to keep the title font, placement, and style the same,  but put the subtitle wherever we want. i decided to delete my barcode cause it was blocking space and put my subtitle there. After I added my cover headline towards the bottom right in black. I messed around with the font size and color for a little, but it only took my 2 minutes to place it in a perfect place. After about 20 - 30 minutes, my cover page was done. Talk to you guys later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feedback

Double page

Finish